Discovered Steampunk Artist : Diarment from Barcelona

I see a lot of steampunk Artist . Recently i stumbled on one that i have first met on DeviantArt .
I often look on ETSY to see what new steampunk stuff comes out and i was very happy to come across what i had previously seen on DeviantArt . So i purchase one of the clock . What i especially like is the aestestic that make this functional piece of art look like it is powered by some ancient mysterious technology .

Tell us a bit about yourself name, location, affiliations, personal stuff?
My name is Rafa Maya, I'm known as diarment on ETSY and DeviantArt. I am a multidisciplinary artist, based in Barcelona (Spain).

My artistic career began with drawing and painting, activities that i will not give up; but my ideas and projects will be expanded soon by computers, music, photography, modeling techniques and all that is close at hands .

Please describe your creative process how, when, materials, etc ?
First, I am influenced by things I see and feel: movies, pictures, events, etc.. the idea is taking root in my mind, once I vocetos, then gather parts, recycle , model with putty and cardboard, then it all comes together and add the magic of painting, the work comes to an end.

How did you first become interested in the Steampunk Culture and - Why do you like it ?
I've always been fascinated by the making of machinery, especially those that seems somewhat useless or actually fantastic and impossible , it is one of the qualities that I find interesting to Steampunk world, along with the imaginative freedom from ancient technologies , and try to translate those impressions in my works, some on canvas, sculpture, cardboard and scissors, and others with computers .

What is your favourite piece of work by yourself ?
The favorite piece is always the last in which I work.

Discovered Steampunk Artist : Diarment from Barcelona

Also accept orders for a living, portrait, cartoons and design in general.

Name one of your favorite steampunk artist ?
I could name many artists (most of them are on deviantart) but I will appoint one, which is not anything long, his name is Oscar Chichoni, an illustrator with qualities very steampunk.

What are your goal , project , plans for the future ?
My plans for today, tomorrow could change at any time and are uncertain.

What advice would you give new artists?
I'm not locked in a very defined aesthetic, a style such as Steampunk has to offer a wide range of possibilities .

Thank you very much and see you soon.

This is the clock i purchased
Discovered Steampunk Artist : Diarment from Barcelona

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails